Alexandria Faculty of Medicine
The Faculty of Medicine of Alexandria University was established following the Royal Decree No. 32 pronounced in August 1942 by His Majesty King Farouk the first. Teaching started in the academic year of 1942/1943. The establishment of the Faculty was the culmination of the efforts of many Alexandrian scholars and physicians headed by Mi Ibrahim Pacha (Professor of Surgery, born in Alexandria) and Dr. Mohamed Mahfouz Bey (a famous Alexandrian ophthalmologist and head of the Alexandria Eye Hospital). The pre-clinical teaching took place on the premises of the Abbaseya Secondary Faculty, while the clinical teaching took place in the Municipal (Amireya) Hospital the largest hospital in Alexandria built by Khedeve Ismail in 1876. A new hospital was subsequently established to house all the clinical departments of the Faculty. Four new buildings were also added with four large amphitheatres to house the academic departments.
About 1700 eminent staff members plus a group of assistant staff are working in all the faculty departments>
AFM- Grants Office
Planning of Alexandria Faculty of medicine’ Grant office started on November 2008, and was established on June 2009.
The office is allocated in the Council building of the faculty
The office was established to further mission of the faculty research plan that was designed to reach out for the following objectives:
1. Enhance the position of AFM in medical research among other medical schools in Egypt, Arab World and Africa.
2. Establish national preeminence in areas of research strength in research in the faculty.
3. Provide advanced training in medical research.
Mission and Vision
1. Awareness of young researchers about the importance of fellowship grants in supporting scientific research and experienced researchers about the importance of research project funding.
2. Directing researchers to different national and international funding resources.
3. Promotion of research quality and researcher qualification through making use of relevant funding opportunities.
AFM-Grants Office is the first grants office to be established in all the Egyptian universities and research institutions. Our vision is to promote the research in our Alexandria Faculty of Medicine through three means:
1. Capacity Building of all faculty staff, with special focus on the young researchers
2. Leveraging the research infrastructure in Alexandria Faculty of Medicine
3. Support research projects and promote international networking
Roles and Responsibilities
AFM-Grants Office is the faculty key administrative unit for awards that mediate sponsors interests with our researchers needs.
Giving advice about the suitable funding opportunities
فتح باب التقديم لبرنامج المنح المقدم من المعهد الفرنسي بمصر