About CERRMA LAB
Center of Excellence for Research in Regenerative Medicine and its Applications
CERRMA provides well equipped labs for research and for medical education programs in the fields of stem cells, tissue culture, nano medicine and related molecular biology techniques.
Pr. Dr. Ghada Mohammed Mourad, Professor of Histology and Cell Biology, Alexandria Faculty of Medicine.
Vice Executive Manger:
Dr. Radwa Mehanna, Lecturer of Medical Physiology
Alexandria Faculty of Medicine
Applied Research Technologies:
- Stem cells research lab ( broad field and cell line targeted)
- Lab for medical nanotechnology
- Lab for cell and tissue culture
- Molecular biology lab
- Lab for advanced microscopy
- Cryo- preservation bank ( in process )
- Lab for sterile experimental research common facilities ( in process )
Mission of CERRMA Lab :
- Provide core and advanced lab facilities for applications in tissue culturing, stem cells, nano medicine and molecular biology research
- Commitment to Research Ethics for regenerative medicine applications.
- Translational Research ( phase I & II trials)
- Knowledge transfer in regenerative medicine research applications.
- EQUIPMENTS :
- 2 Vertical laminar flow hoods + Chemical hood
- Microscopes: Fluorescence + 2 inverted + Light + digital cameras + software for image analysis
- Magnet bead stem cells separators (automated robosep + manual easy sep)
- Automated Tissue dissociator
- Automated Cell Counter
- Bio Rad R T PCR
- Centrifuges ( universal variable speed + refrigerated)
- -20° & -80 ° refrigerator
- 2 liquid nitrogen tanks (15 L)
- 2 CO2 incubators
- Ordinary lab incubators
- Semi-auto. microtome for immunohistochemistry
- Electric balances (2) + pH meter+ water bath + auto pipettes (4)
- Laser Confocal microscope
- Quantitative flowcytometer and cells sorter.