The principal missions of the Department of Microbiology and Immunology are:
- To promote the acquisition of a thorough understanding of the etiological agents of infectious diseases and host defence mechanisms, and to promote the competency of lifelong and independent learning.
- To produce nationally competitive students and research for the betterment of Egypt.
- To achieve excellence in master and doctor degrees in Microbiology and Immunology.
- To provide outstanding administrative and infrastructure supports that are conducive to the research, teaching and service duties of the department faculty and students.
- To provide the best professional service related to diagnosis of infectious diseases and infection prevention and control to promote patient care.
- To conduct the best possible research and provide the most rigorous and inspiring training in the areas of microbiology, immunology, host-pathogen interaction and related fields.
- To develop and maintain exceptional scholarly research programs.